Please remove holiday wreaths
and decor in preparation for
the cemetery’s spring cleaning.
Any holiday items that remain
after APRIL 1st will be removed.
Norwell Cemetery Committee
The central section, located in a lower area, contains both old and newer graves dating from 1807 to 1990, and a single tomb.
The north section, marked by a Celtic Cross, was the original site of St. Andrews Episcopal Church, which existed from 1731 to 1811. This area has a mixture of both very old and recent burials and many war veterans. There are two family plots dedicated to the Leavitt and Haskins families. Some of Norwell’s well-known families are interred here including the Stockbridges, Stetsons and Sylvesters.
The lower section runs along Common Avenue. Currently there are two tombs and one grave. However, this area is open to further expansion.